New Weird


KingRat.jpg

I never read any new weird novel in my life, so this is a whole new experience for me.

For this week, I read King Rat by China Mieville. After reading the book I was so confused because the book gets very messy at its timeline, the whole story just seems so weird for me. First story begins with Saul (the protagonist) awakened by the police pounding on the door and come to arrest him, because he is the lone suspect in his father’s murder case, and a stranger helped him to escape tells him he is his uncle and he is a king rat, but actually the stranger is his true father. Let’s pause and image if this happened on you, how is that feels like? It’s really weird!  As I said the timeline of this book it’s pretty messy, it makes me so confused because is beyond my expectation.
Also, the writer does a really good job describes the smells and the tastes very vividly, maybe to vividly, because Saul being a hybrid one of his ability is able to eat anything, even garbage. And there are so many detailed descriptions about that… just imagine one day a random stranger tells you are a hybrid of rat human, and now you have fed on garbage and live in the sewer and kill to a piper (rat catcher). It just seems so weird of me; you just want to know is there anything weirder than that in the behind of the story.

I tried my best to explain my point because this book is just too confuse and weird for me, I suppose is a new weird novel it has to be like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hobbit

Interview with the vampire

Bloodchild