The Night Circus

Image result for night circus
I really enjoy reading the first half of the novel, when I’m reading through this book I definitely can see the influence from Stephen King and J. K Rowling. When I was reading this novel, the uses of words it’s really visualized. I totally can imagine what’s going on, and I was so excited to see how Marco and Celia will defeat each other.  

At the beginning of the novel, Erin Morgenstern portrayed a bizarre mysterious magic world for the reader and the revealed the complex relationship of love, loyalty, and rivalry through two young magicians, Marco and Celia. However, because the narrative follows a non-linear sequence which shifting at times from present to past and frequently changes the narrative perspective it’s really hard to connect everything up when I was reading it.  Until the second half of the book, I realize the main plot is the relationship between the two protags. But I still don’t get it why Marco fall in love with Celia so suddenly, the only reason I can think of is the similarity of their life, both of them do have the option to choose their life and their parents fear of losing. Besides of the two protags, other characters’ design is pretty flat, they don’t really contribute to the plot too much.

Personally, I really like how Erin describes the setting and action scene it’s really visual, you can totally imagine the magic world, but the logic of the plot it’s pretty vague for me. It definitely presenting the concept of magic in a different way that will attract the younger audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with the vampire

The Hobbit

Bloodchild