American Gods

Image result for american gods book cover

I really like this book, it took me some time to finish it, but it definitely worth it.
First, the concept and the perspective of the book is really unique, when I am reading it I realize there are so many things going on in this book, you must pay attention when you are reading it.

When I was reading it, I highly relate to the story, I felt it reflects the society in a really interesting way. This is a little bit off topic but personally, I think (where I come from) the young generations don’t really know or care about the old tradition, religion, and culture that much, and a lot of them are dying just like the old gods. On the other hand, Internet, Media, technology is replacing the social and etc. are replacing the status of the old tradition religion and so on. Right now, people are posting everything about their life on the internet, and a lot of people’s lives are depending on it, and it makes me felt like it is not just a tool we can use to make our life more convenient, it’s like the opposite, the internet is controlled our life.


I felt the Neil portrait the gods in a really human way, they are really close to us, they have their life and they are trying to figure how to survive in this world

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with the vampire

The Hobbit

Bloodchild